The Bunion is looking for reliable, motivated, funny people who love writing and want to be part of a large, creative satire publication.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Write and workshop 3 articles per semester.
- Contribute to special projects and quizzes throughout the semester.
- Pitch new headlines and ideas on a weekly basis in our Slack group.
- Attend all weekly writers meetings on Sundays at 12:30 PM, unless a conflict is stated ahead of time.
- Pitch and contribute to rush articles—articles covering breaking news that are published within 24 hours.
We will email you by September 16th to let you know if you are moving on to the next round of the application process. On Friday, September 18th between 6:00 PM and 9:00 PM, we will have a training workshop and conduct short interviews to get a better feel for how you’ll fit in with our team. Please mark this date and time down in your schedules and keep yourself free. Note that only the first hour will be mandatory for everyone, and that you may leave when it is not your interview time. Final decisions will be emailed out later the next day.
Please note: Most Staff Writers for The Bunion choose to explore other facets of the publication as well, such as our Photo Staff, Marketing Staff, Social Media Staff, and podcast/web series teams. We welcome and encourage applicants to apply for other positions. Also, please note that there is a $10 dues payment for Staff members due by the end of October to help cover merchandise, food, website, email, marketing, and other costs.
- Be an undergraduate student enrolled at Boston University.
- Have access to Google Drive, Slack, and Zoom.
If you have any questions, please contact our Managing Editor, Sam Vatalaro, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications are due by Saturday, September 12th at 11:59 PM. Late applications will not be considered. To apply, please fill out the form below: